Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mother/Daughter Portraits

I'm so excited to share a few of my favorite portraits from the Mother/Daughter Weekend.  Each set of ladies (mother with her daughter/s) had only about two or three minutes with me, so it was a challenge to get at least a decent shot.  I just needed to make sure eyes were open and there were nice smiles, and I was done.  This is not my favorite photography to do, but as part of a whole weekend of shooting, it was a lot of fun to sandwich all those mini photo sessions in to all the other event photography I was doing.

Below are some of my favorite portrait images--formal (to get the shot) and candid (either while having fun or to capture a different pose).

Marielle (below) and her daughter gave me the (great!) idea of posing twosomes back to back.  It worked great in several shots--thanks, Marielle!


A few moms asked if I could take their daughters' pictures.  Of course!  Here is a cutie.


If I had a little extra time, I sometimes moved the ladies around for a different pose.  The below shot is adorable.


I took several of this family, and loved how the below turned out with the little one resting her head on mom's leg.


This mom wanted a shot with her daughter, but the daughter wasn't enthusiastic about it.  I caught a series of them goofing off--the look on the daughter's face is great as her mom tries to pose with her, then gives her a kiss.


My favorite back-to-back image!


I love the below shot.  There's nothing like a newborn to elicit awe (and aww!).  So precious!



Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. Such great photos. I was looking at a photo on my fridge, taken about 10 years ago, of me, my mom, my sister, my sister's daughter and my daughter. We took it on a mother's day. After seeing these photos I realize we need to take an updated photo. :)

    ReplyDelete