Monday, October 1, 2012

Project 2012 -- Week 36

Project 2012 -- Week 36
September 2-8


Welcome to my Project 2012 weekly post!  This is my time for looking back over the past week, choosing my seven favorites images, and sharing them here with you.  If you have a project you're working on, please leave a comment so I can visit your blog and see what you're up to!


Yes, I'm behind in my posting again.  But I have a great excuse.  And you won't get to hear about it until I'm caught up with Project 2012 posts.  Sorry.  :)

This particular week was all about Labor Day, and the parade and the time we spent with good friends.  I was busy preparing for a special trip (yes, more on that later), and couldn't take many pictures the rest of the week.  Here we go--featuring...Labor Day in Naperville!

A friend brought along this chair, which made Fernando look small.  If you know Fernando in real life, you know he's as big as a pro football linebacker.  :)

[246] Mini Fernando!

While waiting for the parade to begin, I took some pictures of flowers in my friend's garden.  Here's one I really like.

[247] Pink

The Knights of Columbus was giving out balloons for donations, and they had lots of takers.

[248] Parade balloons

Love this old truck in the parade!

[249] Old truck

When the library display rode by, there were several storybook characters walking along.  We knew Peter Rabbit and the others, but this one eluded us.  Do you know which character this is??

[250] Storybook character

There were lots of dogs in the parade, and I think every one of them was panting.  It was pretty hot that day!

[251] Hot dog

I just had to share this image I snapped of two women walking the parade.  I don't know if they were able to make it the whole way.  I don't think I could walk 25 steps in either pair!

[252] Walking the parade

Hope you enjoyed the parade pics; next week's images are ready to go and will post really soon!  Can't wait to see what you've been up to!!


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. What great pictures. I'm not sure what story book character that is, I've never seen it before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures of the parade! Looks like a great one.

    ReplyDelete