Thursday, October 25, 2012

Musée du Louvre, Jardin du Carrousel | Paris Travel

Le Musée du Louvre et la Pyramide.


Our Silver Paris

Welcome to my Paris travel journal,
where I share our experiences of our special journey to Paris.
Please use these posts as a guide for your own travels
to this amazing and wonderful city!
Or simply read, and dream...



Time for another biggie on almost everyone's Must-Do-In-Paris list.  :)

This day, a Wednesday, was our 25th anniversary.  Our silver anniversary.  I remember celebrating my parents' silver anniversary.  How could Fernando and I be celebrating our own??  But it was true, and we were in Paris, celebrating our very special day.

I'll just start right in where we started our day, at le Musée du Louvre.

La Pyramide at the Louvre.

Again, I'm not really into architecture, but I tell you--all the different parts of the Louvre building were amazing.

Part of the Louvre building.


I had fun snapping pictures of le Pyramide, too.  I also tried for a few unusual ones.

The sun atop la Pyramide.



I took another shot of part of the Louvre building, and then I noticed the line of people.  And that was the reason we did not go inside the Louvre.  Honest.  We aren't art connoisseurs, so there was already no intense desire to go inside.  The length of the line added strength to our decision to enjoy the outer building and le Pyramide, and continue on our (long) walk for the day.

Part of the Louvre building, and part of the line to get in.

So, I continued shooting the outer buildings of the Louvre.



We turned our backs to the Louvre and walked over to the Arc de Triomphe de Carrousel.

L'Arc de Triomphe de Carrousel, the "little arch" built to commemorate Napoleonic victories.

L'Arc de Triomphe de Carrousel.

Take a look through the arch.  There's another famous arch, the final destination of today's walk, way out there in the distance.

Center of l'Arc de Triomphe de Carrousel.

Look a little more closely...

Looking through the arch, toward l'Arc de Triomphe beyond.

I stopped to capture some details of l'Arc de Triomphe de Carrousel.  Of course.  :)

Detail of the ceiling of l'Arc de Triomphe de Carrousel.


Once we walked through the arch, we turned to look back at la Pyramide and the Louvre.

Looking through l'Arc de Triomphe de Carrousel back towards the Louvre.

We stepped into le jardin du Carrousel, and saw the Eiffel Tower once more.  We stopped for some self-portraits, and continued on our walk into le jardin des Tuileries.
 
Jardin du Carrousel, looking toward le Tour Eiffel.


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

1 comment: