Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Le Parc du Champ de Mars | Paris Travel

Detail in the stone wall on the outside of the upper sanctuary of Sainte Chappelle.


Our Silver Paris

Welcome to my Paris travel journal,
where I share our experiences of our special journey to Paris.
Please use these posts as a guide for your own travels
to this amazing and wonderful city!
Or simply read, and dream...


After an amazing and romantic few hours at le tour Eiffel, we walked east into le parc du Champ de Mars, the subject of today's post.  When walking east through le parc, one must frequently turn around to see the Tower again and marvel.

View of the Eiffel Tower from le Parc du Champ de Mars.

I took only a few photos of this park; I was too busy holding hands with my honey and reminiscing about our previous few hours atop the Eiffel Tower.  To refresh your memory, here are a few shots of le Parc du Champ de Mars from that lofty locale.



Here are the only shots I took on our lovely walk through le parc.

Parc du Champ de Mars.

Green and flowers in Champ de Mars.

Tree-lined promenade in le Parc du Champs de Mars.

End of the walk:  From le parc, we headed over to Rue Cler, just a few blocks away.  Being Monday, many of the shops were closed, so we had fun with a quick stroll and one visit to a wine shop.  A more thorough jaunt down this pedestrian-only street is in order for our return to Paris; for now, click here for a link to Rick Steves' guide to Rue Cler, a must-visit in my opinion--both the guide and the street!

Getting ready to browse the shops along rue Cler.


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

1 comment: