Saturday, May 19, 2012

Newborn Portrait Session -- Not!

I was all set to do a newborn portrait session in my clients' home.  I had all my props, my gear, and the car for the afternoon.  I was ready for anything.

Little A was just finishing his feeding when I arrived, and he seemed content.  I happily shot a few shots of his darling sister once I set things up.



Isn't she an angel?  I don't think you can take a bad shot of Miss J.  She loves the camera; and of course, the camera loves her.  Her whole face lights up when she smiles.

Once her little brother was settled, we set him in my basket and I snapped a few preliminary shots.


Isn't he precious?  It may look like he was sleeping, but alas, no.  Mama had eaten some raw veggies the day before, and I think his little tummy didn't like it.  No, not one bit.  He gave me a yawn...


...Miss J sweetly kissed him...


...and in another several seconds, this is what met our eyes (and ears):


He proceeded to fuss, cry, holler, and fuss some more for three hours.  Alas, there was to be no newborn portrait session that particular day.  It was a great learning time for me, though, and I captured some sweet little girl portraits.



Miss J had to climb into the basket I set up for Mr. A, so I captured her silliness.


I was blessed.  I learned a lot, got some sweet girly portrait images, fed a family, and had great fellowship.  I even got to rock the baby.  All in all, a very good afternoon.  :)


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

 

1 comment:

  1. Awe, I'm sorry the baby didn't work out with you. It is so hard sometimes! But their little girl is precious!!

    ReplyDelete