Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Project 2012 -- Week 29

Project 2012 -- Week 29
July 15-21


Welcome to my Project 2012 weekly post!  This is my time for looking back over the past week, choosing my seven favorites images, and sharing them here with you.  If you have a project you're working on, please leave a comment so I can visit your blog and see what you're up to!


I was so excited to be back up at Lake Bonaparte!  We hadn't gone up there for last year's vacation, though I did get to go up in October of last year for an awesome autumn getaway.

You know how I love my macro lens, and I certainly couldn't resist my mom's beautiful hollyhocks.

[197] Bonaparte hollyhocks

Fort Drum began new military maneuvers while we were up there, so we got to see--and hear--jets fly over.

[198] F-16 Fighting Falcon

As always, the sunsets did not disappoint in beauty and awe.  I feel so close to the Lord as I sit and watch the sun's descent, and the colors that are painted on the sky.

[199] Sunset at the dock

In addition to shooting my family, I had lots of opportunities to shoot with something else always going on.  I loved having a go at sports photography a few times.  Below, a young boy comes into the bay at the end of his waterski trip.

[200] Skiing on the lake

We love getting in the boat and taking a leisurely trip around the lake, just to see what we can see.

[201] Sisters Islands

While playing at Winter Bay, a couple came in on their boat, and they had two German shepherds, Jake and Riley.  These dogs loved snapping at the water that anyone would splash up at them.  I stayed far enough away to feel safe (German shepherds are the only dogs I'm nervous around, since I was bit by one when I was five), but close enough to get some seriously awesome action shots.  We hard a loud snap each time their jaws clamped down.

[202] Snap!

Later that first week, our friends came up to visit!  We took them to the rope swing on Round Island, and Jacob, Thomas, and Nathan showed off for the camera.

[203] Rope swing

What a great first week.  The above pictures aren't even a snippet of a highlight, really.  You'll have to keep watching my blog for the fuller story.  :)


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. The dog and swing picture are my favs from this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun photos. It looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete