Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Project 2012 -- Week 28

Project 2012 -- Week 28
July 8-14


Welcome to my Project 2012 weekly post!  This is my time for looking back over the past week, choosing my seven favorites images, and sharing them here with you.  If you have a project you're working on, please leave a comment so I can visit your blog and see what you're up to!


Well, I'm back from a nice, long vacation.  That includes a vacation from blogging, too!  Our family traveled to the Lake and had a fantastic two weeks there.  I think it was the best vacation ever.  More on that later; I have a lot of weekly-photo catching up to do!

My guys helped a family move; my job for the morning was to keep four little ones busy and happy.  I succeeded for the most part, until I was relieved by one of their favorite young ladies who came to play with them.  These three girls and one boy are a delight; they had so much fun showing me flowers they found in the yard.

[190] Sweet

[191] Purity

Later that week, Danny discovered a couple of interesting insects in my coreopsis.  First, there was this guy:

[192] Grasshopper in coreopsis

Then, we spotted this guy, who wasn't at all interested in lunch (the above guy):

[193] Praying mantis in coreopsis

My brother came and the guys helped him get his JetSki trailer out of our back yard.  We had been storing it for a number of years, and we're very happy to have it gone.

[194] Men at work

We delayed our vacation by one day so that Fernando could help us pack the car (it was a daunting chore to do it without him).  Because of the delay, the guys were able to attend Friday Frisbee.  Below, Thomas made an awesome block.  I never seem to catch him actually blocking the Frisbee; I always seem to capture him just after the fact!  It looks like he's doing a mid-air dance.

[195] Frisbee dance

And I finally got a sequence of shots with Danny actually catching the Frisbee.  With him, I always seemed to take pictures of him missing the Frisbee.  So now I have proof of his ability!

[196] Caught!

Next week's images are all set to go--I can't wait to show you snippets from our vacation!


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

3 comments:

  1. Some great shots! Love the grasshopper and the action shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristal! I feel like I'm getting better at capturing action. It's still hard for me, though; I'm not used to it.

      Delete
  2. Those are nice pictures. I really like the frisbee shots. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete