Tuesday, March 26, 2013

After the Snowfall

The snowfall a few days ago was absolutely beautiful--a peaceful, gentle snowfall with big, fat flakes.  The next day, I went back out for some "after" images.  I simply had to capture that pine tree with its boughs weighed down with white.



Then, the day after that, I went back outside.  The sun was shining, and since this was a March snowfall, things were melting pretty quickly.  I tried to capture the droplets of water dripping from the grill.


My veggie garden looked so peaceful and still, all the beds covered with blankets for a little while longer.


In just one day, much the the snow-laden boughs were clear, the white stuff either having fallen to the ground or been melted by the sun.


Back to our patio and the icicles hanging from the patio table.



My veggie garden beds really did look like beds, pillows and all!


I climbed up to the pool's deck to capture as much as I could of the beds.  This is when I really miss my 17-85mm lens.  I hope to have it fixed pretty soon, then I'll be back in business.


My special spot.


The snow line on the patio.

The snow melted away within a few days, but it's now cold enough for another snow.  I am longing for spring at this point.  :)


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment