Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Red-Tailed Hawk

One day last week, I saw a bird land on a tree limb in our back yard.  I thought it was a mourning dove; from a distance, the coloring was similar.  When I took a better look, I realized it was a red-tailed hawk.

It posed while I put my 70-300mm lens on, and I was able to capture it through my family room window and screen (hence the hazy image).  When I stepped outside to get a clearer shot, he promptly flew down and just over the fence.  Seeing him was still "way cool."  :)


I know every bird of the mountains,
And everything that moves in the field is Mine.
Psalm 50:11 NASB


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! These big birds still fascinate me.

      Delete
  2. That would be sweet! Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristal! I think this bird was a younger one; he's a little smaller than others I've seen. There are lots of red-tailed hawks in our suburbs; I can't wait to capture a better image!

      Delete
  3. What an amazing creature and how awesome that you were able to capture a photo of it :)

    xo
    summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Summer! Hawks are truly amazing, especially close-up.

      Delete