Thursday, February 17, 2011

Back Yard Thaw

When I feel comfortable running around outside in a jacket, well, then there's a spring thaw going on.  :)

Melting snow on the patio

Y'know, there are so many great photographers out there, but anyone can grab a camera and search for something to shoot.  And when you look--sometimes you really have to look--a new world opens up.  Each crystal of snow, every grain of sand in the concrete, one blade of grass still standing after the snowstorm.  Just look.  Enjoy the marvelous world of a spring thaw, close up.  :)

Melting snow -- edited to look like...?

Macro =  dead plant pushing up through the snow
From Afar = a beaver's den (that's what it looked like to me!)

Dormant woodland hydrangea

The sidewalk is revealed


I love the shot above not only because my eye meanders down the sidewalk, but also because I know that the sidewalk curves only slightly.  But the snow reveals Danny's best effort to clear a "one-lane" path along the front of our yard in the days following our blizzard.  :)

Living life; capturing life.

Christine

visit my family blog!
Indeed My Heritage

1 comment:

  1. You got some great shots! I am so happy to see the snow melt!

    ReplyDelete