Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Weekly Header Challenge -- Silhouette

It's time for the Weekly Header Challenge!

"Headbanger" Participants
Imac 
Lew

I'm joining in the group above for this weekly challenge.
Click on the other participants' blogs to see
what they've come up with!

Theme ~ Silhouette

Chosen by Kathy.


Silhouette, different from shadow:  The dark shape and outline of someone or something visible against a lighter background.  Here is the image I chose for my header:


I took this shot purposefully; I was compiling a photo book for my parents' 50th anniversary, to be presented to them at Christmas, and I wanted an image that would decorate the back cover, and also be featured in the book.  While up at Lake Bonaparte on vacation, and while shooting the sunset (as I typically do every night up there!), I asked them to pose for me, just for fun.  There's a little bit of chromatic aberration (the purple haze around my mom's head) due to shooting into the light source, but otherwise it's a beautiful image and looks amazing in their photo book.

Below are a few more images for this week's theme of silhouette.

At my friend's son's Wisconsin farmhouse.

Palm trees in Vero Beach, Florida.

I took this last one for a photography class in which we were assigned to shoot in front light, side light, and back light.  Jacob and Thomas trekked along with me to shoot in back light, and while they goofed off in front of the setting sun, I snapped this image.  They were laughing and having a good time, and this image is a great portrayal their camaraderie and brotherhood.


That's it for this week!


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Silhouuettes Christine, and captured Wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mac! I discovered only a few silhouette shots; I think I'll have to get out there and experiment more with this theme!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful silhouette in your header! And especially with the love included! I can see why you love the sunsets at the lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lew! Yes, the sunsets at the lake are something special. I think a lot of memories are wrapped up in each one, as well!

      Delete