Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Weekly Header Challenge - Chaos

It's time for the Weekly Header Challenge!

"Headbanger" Participants
Imac 
Lew

I'm joining in the group above for this weekly challenge.
Click on the other participants' blogs to see
what they've come up with!

Theme ~ Chaos

Chosen by me.


So, this week's theme popped into my head, and without a second thought I officially sent it out to our Headbanger group.  Wellll, then I started looking for images.  That was a bit tougher than I realized it would be!  Here are my images for this week's theme.  First, the header, full-size version:


Yes, the motion blur is deliberate.  Settings:  ISO 200, f/6.3, 2-second shutter speed.  I took this image for a photography class, where the weekly lesson was about motion blur.  I had the camera on a tripod so that things would be in focus, and the only blurred objects would be those in motion.  We had friends over, and several of the guys were playing a complicated board game (Settlers of Catan, an awesomely fun game!).  It was pretty messy.  In the midst of that, little Emma came wandering into the frame with my purse slung over her shoulder.  I got the effect I was after--lots of things going on in the image, with the blur showing all the movement, and thus creating the effect of action.  I like the slightly chaotic feel to it.

On to some other images.  When we moved our computer hutch from the family room into the front living room, I snagged a photo of the hodge-podge of wires underneath the desk:


It's pretty scary to me when Danny and Thomas decide to take the computer tower completely apart and clean it out.  What if they don't get everything back to where it's supposed to go??  Look at all those little pieces of real important stuff!!  Aaaggghhh!  However, since you're reading this, you know that the re-assembly was successful.  They're geeks, after all.


Our garage is definitely chaotic, and has been cleaned up since the taking of the below picture.  ;)


I hesitated to show you all the "chaos" in my house from time to time, because, well, messy stuff is rather embarrassing.  So I also included the "after" images, where everything was cleaned up and put back, and is even neater and more organized than before!

The contents of my mud room pantry.

An organized and pretty pantry!

Here's our basement; the food storage area is called our Bomb Shelter.  I don't have a good "after" picture, so you'll have to trust me that it's all neat and tidy.  That's why I take these before pictures, y'know.


The boys' bathroom--a very scary place.


Ahhh, neat and clean...for about an hour.


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes, CHAOS is nearer then we think! I'm glad you computer went back together ok. I was told the basement was off limits for this theme, but I had already chosen a different approach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I also used blur to emphasize activity in this week's header.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy Christine, I would have been in a lot of trouble if I had shown these photos. It really was a tough theme.

    ReplyDelete