Monday, October 14, 2013

Saturday Sunrise

I deliberately got up at 6:00 a.m.  On a Saturday.  For no other reason than to catch a sunrise.

6:36 a.m.

This is actually right down the street from my house, a mere 3/4 mile walk--if I had a good back.  There's also a parking lot at a storage facility just a football field's length away.  That's where I parked.  I think it's wonderful that the camera's lens is really a frame, and we can frame our photographs in such a way as to frame out what we don't want.  Which is what I did to capture the simple beauty of a sunrise along a busy suburban four-lane road, literally five steps from my tripod and camera.

6:52 a.m.

It wasn't as peaceful as it looks in the images, with the steady waves of cars swooshing by on their way to who knows where that early on a Saturday, and the occasional honk directed at me for the Lord only knows why.  But as the earth turned, and the sky became orange in preparation for the sun breaking the horizon, there was a simple peace about the scene I captured.

6:58 a.m.

And then there it was.  The beautiful rays of a late September sunrise breaking across the prairie.


Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your lovingkindness in the morning...
Psalm 59:16b NASB


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

1 comment: