Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Header Challenge -- Macro Photos

It's time for the Weekly Header Challenge!

"Headbanger" Participants
Imac 
Lew 


I'm joining in the group above for this weekly challenge.
Feel free to click on the other participants' blogs
to see what they've come up with!


Theme ~ Macro Photos

Needless to say, I like macro photography.  A lot.  One of the first lenses I purchased was a 100mm f/2.8 macro lens.  Wish I could've afforded the L series that Canon puts out, but that's way beyond my meager budget.  The "poor man's" (ha!) macro lens would have to suffice.

With my macro, I love to shoot little creatures (bugs and spiders mostly!), flowers (oh, yeah!), and food.  Which is what I'm posting now.  First, my header image, which you would see more of if you go to this wonderful lady's website!


I met Channa (of HerBakery) at our farmers market, and a "market friendship" developed from year to year, weekly visit to weekly visit.  I was honored to do some food photography for her to enhance her website!  I don't bill myself as a food photographer, but it sure is fun to shoot when you have a macro lens!  It's also a great pleasure to be paid for it, when I've loved shooting it all along.  :)

Here (below) is one of the very first images I took with my macro lens.  We were on vacation, and made blueberry pancakes for breakfast.  We took some "going" strawberries and simmered them down, and one of the boys (probably Thomas) used them as filling.  He was all gung-ho for pouring the syrup while I snapped away.  :)



That one photograph started my journey.  Not only could I enjoy making food, and eating food, but I could also enjoy shooting food!  How fun!

Over on my family blog, I love to participate in various memes, one of which was Tea Time.  I always posted a picture of tea, or whatever I was drinking.  The below is one of those shots.  The bubbles are real--no soap (what food photographers use) was used in the making of this photo!!  ;)



Also on my family blog, I like to post recipes--since I have all those images of the food I make, I may as well blog about it!  So, here's one of my food creations--I made it, I shot it, I ate it.

Bacon guacamole cheddar grilled cheese with tomato soup.

Yes, the sandwich was as dee-lish (and calorie-laden!) as its name implies.  But every once in a while, you have to splurge.  The healthy homemade tomato soup balanced everything, and I'm still alive to tell the story.  ;)


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

5 comments:

  1. Macro food from Christine, very very tasty it all looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I made it, I shot it, I ate it." That's great! It reminds me of the classic quote of Julius Caesar, Veni, vidi, vici (I came, I saw, I conquered). These pics are absolutely YUMMY!! Too bad I don't have a replicator, like on Star Trek, so I could sample these tasty treats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Christine, enjoyed your macro photos of the food. That header looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete