Friday, March 11, 2011

SOOC -- Leaves and Flowers

My digital images are intensely personal things.  When I pick up my prints from the lab, I carefully and slowly slip them out of the envelope, furtively peeking at them while hiding them from nearby eyes.  I want them to appear on print just as I see them on my screen.  It is an almost heart-wrenching experience for me.

With SOOC images, I figuratively bear my soul.  It is similar to the process of sanctification--God bringing sin to light, revealing it, heating the impurities, sloughing them off, and purifying my soul.  Those are my deep thoughts as I write this SOOC post.  And here are my images.

Leaf edge

[SOOC]

Color edited

B&W edited


Silk flower

[SOOC]

Color edited

B&W edited


Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
And see if there be any hurtful way in me,
And lead me in the everlasting way.
Psalm 139:23-24 nasb


Living life; capturing life.

Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Find me on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. I love the color edit of the leaf!


    Do you actually order prints for every photo???

    ReplyDelete