Friday, March 25, 2011

The Chicago Cultural Center

This was my second visit to the Chicago Cultural Center, at the urging of a friend.  My husband Fernando and I had recently made a quick trip in to see Vivian Maier's street photography exhibit, and left the building to walk around other parts of the city.  Yesterday, Joseph and Danny dutifully followed me around while I walked down hallways and around corners that we missed.  I have two words to describe what I still can't believe we missed the last time:  grandeur and splendor.

Preston Bradley Hall, Chicago Cultural Center

Tiffany dome in Preston Bradley Hall

Detail of Tiffany dome in Preston Bradley Hall

Detail of inlaid tile, Preston Bradley Hall

Detail of Tiffany dome

Detail of inlaid tile, Preston Bradley Hall

Tiffany dome

Detail of Tiffany dome

I lay on my back and looked up to get this last image.


I'm definitely going to stop in the Cultural Center on a future trip.  Breathtaking.

Living life; capturing life.

Christine

visit my family blog!
Indeed My Heritage

4 comments:

  1. I *love* the tile work and the Tiffany dome! I just love architecture. (My degree is in interior design.) Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU?!!

    You were lying down in a public place?!!

    On the ground?!!

    To take a PICTURE???!!!

    My what great strides you've made!

    So proud of you. :o)
    Dorito

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. I love buildings with such great architecture. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete