Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Heron in its Kinds


...and the stork, the heron in its kinds, and the hoopoe, and the bat.
Leviticus 11:19 nasb

The heron is listed among the birds not to be eaten by the Isrealites.  I had to google the hoopoe; I had never heard of it!  An interesting and colorful bird, and I'd love to travel to Africa to capture it.  But for now, back to the heron.


This particular heron was, if not friendly, then at least tolerant of our presence twenty feet away.  My heart-sister Dee had stopped the golf cart as we passed by a pond on the golf course.  We were on our way south, winding our way along the many golf cart paths in Peachtree City, in search of plant and animal life worthy of my camera lens.


But for those moments, the search was over.  And indeed, this magnificent bird was the highlight of all of my Georgia nature expeditions to date--granted, there had been only two of them, but this one was it!  The details are below, in images.






What an impressive wing span!  He flew across the pond, where a few dozen turtles were sunning on the banks.

Holy, holy, holy!  Lord God Almighty!
All Thy works shall praise Thy name in earth and sky and sea;
Holy, holy, holy!  Merciful and mighty!
God in three Persons, blessed Trinity!


Living life; capturing life.

Christine

visit my family blog!
Indeed My Heritage

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! There is a heron that hangs around in the pond down the road but I only see him if I don't have my camera. Maybe I'll just live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing shots you were able to take! They are such beautiful birds. And I love the last one!!!

    ReplyDelete