Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Weekly Header Challenge -- Clocks

It's time for the Weekly Header Challenge!

"Headbanger" Participants
Imac 
Lew

I'm joining the group above for this weekly challenge.
Visit the other participants' blogs to see their entries!

Theme ~ Clocks

Chosen by Mac.


I think this is the first time for this theme, and a good thing, too, since I don't have too many images of clocks.  But I've loved taking pictures of some interesting ones, and we'll start out with the image I used for my header, an old grandfather clock I discovered at the Univeristy of Illinois during one of Thomas' state math tournaments.


Speaking of old clocks, this one below is situated in downtown Carthage, New York, where my dad grew up.


From Carthage, New York, I travel to Natural Bridge and my favorite ice cream place, Treats 'n 'Tiques.  They have several local 'tiques (antiques) on display, one of them being this scoreboard from the old Carthage public school.  I don't know what this clock keps time for--eight seconds?  Minutes?  For football?  Basketball?  I'm not sure!


This beautiful clock graced the nightstand of an over-the-garage apartment we stayed in when we traveled to Georgia for a friend's daughter's January wedding.  Friends of our friends put us up in their beautifully decorated apartment.


Finally, I think this is the biggest clock on the blog today, taken downtown Chicago.  I can't remember where I took this--and it would've been a great image to use for last week's sepia theme!  But I needed to save it for you all for this week.


Well, the clock is ticking, and I need to go.  Bye until next time!!


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Follow me on Facebook

5 comments: