Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Weekly Header Challenge - The Shape of Art

It's time for the Weekly Header Challenge!

"Headbanger" Participants
Imac 
Lew 


I'm joining in the group above for this weekly challenge.
Click on the other participants' blogs to see
what they've come up with!


Theme ~ The Shape of Art


This week's theme could have gone several ways for me.  But, after fighting with my once-beloved editing software for two hours to upload images, I was happy to have anything at all this morning.  :/

I took the simplest route, opting for shapes--rectangles, squares, circles, triangles.  They can be found everywhere, in both nature and in man-made things.  Below is the full image from my header, with all its different shapes of buildings:

Downtown Chicago, at sunset on a September evening.

More squares and rectangles:



A triangle:


Circles:





Throw in some hearts:



And a star!  (Hey, it has five points.)


Almost forgot!  Here's one more rectangle, with some different shapes beyond:


Outside that door's window are our winter icicles, preventing a back-door escape!


On a spring photo session recon (scouting out a location), I started to notice all the shadows cast by some leafless trees.  This image below was my favorite.


I see the "V," but I also see, on the right, a pregnant ballerina dancing.  What do you see?

(Thanks for visiting today!!)


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

5 comments:

  1. Art shapes from nature, nice thinking Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. That's definitely a pregnant ballerina dancing. Hey, guess what... we had a banjo & mandolin for church this past Sunday. The band played familiar tunes, but they had a bluegrass feel. I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful collection of art and shapes, both natural and constructed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah. She's facing the center and that is her tutu. Quite a kick back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine: I thought you might have some great shapes. Are you ready to use the pool. lol

    ReplyDelete