Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Weekly Header Challenge - Cold

It's time for the Weekly Header Challenge!

"Headbanger" Participants
Imac 
Lew 


I'm joining in the group above for this weekly challenge.
Click on the other participants' blogs to see
what they've come up with!


Theme ~ Cold


It has certainly been cold this winter!  And I have certainly been cold.  There's no more appropriate theme for this week, especially as I'm typing this while two sons are out shoveling the driveway, and Fernando is fighting snowstorm traffic to get another to the train station for his trip downtown to UIC.

I chose the below image for my header.  I took this one through a car window while out running errands.  I was not driving.  :)

December 29, 2010

About 15 minutes before the above picture, I convinced my driver to stop along the road to get a scenic shot of the white-encrusted landscape from the ice storm the night before.


More Theme Images

Cold means that there's not much red on the thermometer.

January 21, 2011

Cold means frost on the garden plants.

January 15, 2013

Cold means snow blowing and sticking on the window (the start of a blizzard).

February 1, 2011

Cold means staying indoors, and taking a picture of the blizzard from the comfort of a warm house.

February 1, 2011 - 10:02pm

Cold means frozen downspouts.

March 7, 2013

Cold means no more sitting on my bench.

November 25, 2013

Cold means no more gardening.

March 7, 2013

Cold means no grilling.

February 3, 2011 - The Blizzard +1

Cold means tromping--it's no longer called walking.  ;)

March 7, 2013

Cold means shoveling snow (or taking pictures of someone else shoveling snow!).

January 7, 2010

Cold means beautiful icicles sparkling in the sun.

February 14, 2010

Cold means watching flocks of birds scrounge for food in my back yard.

January 27, 2011

Cold means a wintry, barely seen sunset through the snowy trees.

January 21, 2012

Cold also means bundling up really, really well for a day at the sledding hill.

January 9, 2010

Finally, cold means frosty snow on the sidewalk, and an opportunity to play with editing a bit.  :)

February 16, 2011

Brr.  Please stay warm today!!


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

5 comments:

  1. Pure COLD Magic Christine, we have had only a flurry of snow at the time of going to print,lol but we have had some Cold days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful captures Christine, we certainly are having a cold winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me today, cold means runny stuffy nose and cough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful selection of COLD, winter images! You get a good bit more of the cold, wintery stuff than we do, but spring sure does sound good now.

    ReplyDelete