Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Weekly Header Challenge -- Signs of Autumn

It's time for the Weekly Header Challenge!

"Headbanger" Participants
Imac 
Lew

I'm joining the group above for this weekly challenge.
Visit the other participants' blogs to see their entries!

Theme ~ Signs of Autumn

Chosen by Lew.


I chose a somewhat different set of images for Signs of Autumn.  You know it's fall in the U.S. when there are football games wherever you look--high school sports fields, university stadiums, almost any sports channel on TV...

Here is my header image; I cropped it because I wanted the focus to be on the players, just after the ball was snapped.  I didn't have to crop it any further to use as my header image.


Since I'm currently working on these images for this particular football team (the Crusaders), I'm sharing a small montage of images which encapsulate the game.  Even though I'm only through somewhere in the second quarter (I have hundreds left to edit!), I think the images I've chosen below show a thorough story of what this autumn sport is all about.  Enjoy the game!

Assistant coach gives some pre-game instruction.

Pre-game team prayer.

Pre-game creative shot--when I actually have time to get creative!

The coin toss.

Referee meeting.

Trying to make his way through the defense.

Blazing right past the sidelines.

Defensive tackle.

Racing across the field.

Mid-air catches.

Sun setting at the high school stadium.

Fumble recovery.

Celebration in the end zone!


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Follow me on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. Certainly plenty of Action in the Fall-Autumn, Christine.

    ReplyDelete