Monday, December 10, 2012

Project 2012 -- Week 49

Project 2012 -- Week 49
December 2-8


Welcome to my Project 2012 weekly post!  This is my time to look back over the past week, 
choose seven favorite images I've taken, and share them here with you.  
If you have a project you're working on, please leave a comment 
so I can visit your blog and see what you're up to!



The week started off gloriously warm, in the upper 60s.  This is not normal for Chicagoland, but after last years very weird winter, I no longer rule anything out.  Fernando and I took advantage of a beautiful late afternoon by strolling through Knoch Knolls Park.  Again, my 50mm lens is pretty much what I use for all my shooting now, until I can obtain a new lens.  It's still challenging, but I'm learning how to frame my images better, especially the scenic ones where I'm limited as to what I can capture.

[337] River in evening sun

[338] Sunset through the trees

When Joseph and I went in to Oberweis to pick up milk for the week, I noticed a turnstile of recipe cards.  One for eggnog cookies caught my eye, so we thought we'd try making them for a get-together at the end of the week.

[339] Cookie time

[340] Eggnog cookies

The recipe said that I could roll out the dough and cut out the cookies, but it didn't say I needed to refrigerate the dough.  A little internet research helped me out, and the cookies were gorgeous.  Yeah, they also tasted good.  They were soft, and tasted sort of like a sugar cookie, but with a hint of nutmeg.  I don't like eggnog, but these cookies were good.

The next images are from the luncheon that a Godly lady from our church hosted for ladies and young ladies.  Eight of us packed our Suburban to make the hour-long drive down to Lori's home.  She really likes the beach, the ocean, and everything about them, and her home reflected that love.  She and her husband have six sons, too!

[341] Ladies lunchon

[342] Christmas table

[343] Plate of food

The food was outstanding, and I came home with memories of a beautiful afternoon, awesome food, great conversation, wonderful fellowship, and Christmas carols sung in our car.


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. What a great week - I've got eggnog cookies on my list this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty pictures. That friends house is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete