Monday, December 12, 2011

365 Project -- #337-343

This is the time in my week when I look back at the images I've captured
throughout the previous week, and choose my seven favorites.
These seven--one for each day of the week--are featured below.


December 3 - December 9

If you keep up with my family blog, you have already seen these images.  Instead of taking my Ellie out every day and just snapping "something/anything," I've purposefully taken her out to shoot things I actually want to remember, or to blog about.  I guess I've done that for most of this project, but now that it's winter, and I'm not running out and about much, I'm being more deliberate in my photography.  Since this "event" was pretty much the only major occasion in our home, it is all I shot and so I am repeating images here.

Anyway, if you want to read the full story of one of the ways our family (both us and our extended family) celebrates Christmas by giving to others, click here.  (Psst--you'll also see all of the photos I took that day.)  Otherwise, skip that post and scroll on down for the abridged version.  :)

 [337] Sorting names

[338] Sorting gifts

[339] Wrapping the gifts

[340] The gift receipt?!

[341] Line of gifts

[342] Bag of gifts

By way of explanation, the above bag of gifts went to my dad's church, where it will be given to the family we shopped for.  :)

Below is our family Christmas tree, all decked out and sparkly in this nighttime shot.

[343] The tree

Twinkling tree, shining lights, silver bells, frosty windows...  I'm so excited about Christmas this year!  I hope you are, too, as you look forward to the birth of our Savior.


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Find me on Facebook

3 comments:

  1. Oh what a sweet and giving thing to do!! Love your tree, just gorgeous!

    Thanks so much for stopping by! I've missed you♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to celebrate together! Love the tree shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tree and I think that giving to others is so much better than receiving. I know you will be blessing those families.

    ReplyDelete