Friday, September 14, 2012

Last Summer Boat Ride

For my family and me, there are a lot of vacation traditions at Lake Bonaparte.   One of them is the last boat ride.  This usually occurs the day before we leave, and involves at least an hour on the lake, just cruising along.  Well, cruising really is too fast a word.  It's like a stroll, but in a boat.  Is there a word for that?

The last boat ride includes scenery, people and various architecture around the lake.  Enjoy!




The closest I've ever been to a loon (telephoto lens at 300mm!)

Slightly atilt

We saw this young girl learning how to waterski.  I love the first shot; you can see her mom's hands letting her go.  I think she was just practicing, because in the second shot she simply let go of the rope and went into the water.  She had a great take-off!



You need a boat to get to this boat









What a great last boat ride!


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. I am telling you... I want to go to Lake Bonaparte. It looks so beautiful and peaceful... a perfect vacation spot!

    ReplyDelete