Monday, June 18, 2012

Project 2012 Week 24 -- June 10-16

Project 2012 -- Week 24
June 10 - June 16


How to Link Up With Us

1.  Click here to read the Project 2012 Guidelines, and to get the code to place in your blog.
2.  Fill out the little form below (insert the URL of your blog postnot the main URL of your blog).
3.  Please visit others' links and leave comments; you will receive visits and comments in return!



My Week 24 Photos

Last week was a relaaaaaaaxing week.  :)  I didn't do much at all, except for capturing some images from my back yard vegetable garden.  We had a garage sale this past weekend, and endured 90+ degree heat.  I'm still tired from being out there all day!  Without further ado, here's what I found in my harvest garden.

[162] Lettuce harvest

Oh, this (below) is not from my garden!  This is Danny being silly with a cornucopia basket my mom was planning on selling in our garage sale.  :)

 [163] Cornucopia Kid

Okay, back to the garden.  Danny hollered at me to put my macro lens on Ellie and run outside, which I did only to discover the below little guy.  And little he was--he's a praying mantis nymph, and was maybe half an inch long, really tiny.  I caught two or three great images of him.  Isn't he cool?

 [164] Praying mantis nymph

 [165] Marigold

[166] Garlic scape

[167] Tomato blossoms

More insects!  This guy was flitting around the garden, landing for only a few seconds each time before taking off.  But I managed to capture him sunning himself on the wire of one of the tomato cages.

[168] Dragonfly on tomato cage

I look ahead to one more sort-of lazy week, then I need to get my act together and get some things done!  Hope you had (and will have another) lovely week of summer!!


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. Those are some great pictures. Every time I see your photos I want to run and get a macro lens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some fabulous pictures! These and the flowers below are amazing! You rock that camera!

    ReplyDelete