Friday, September 23, 2011

You Can't Skate Through Life...

...but you can have a party with them!  (Roller skates, that is...)


What fun to shoot a roller skating party--especially a surprise one!  Yes, I got on skates.  No, I did not shoot while on skates; Ellie is too important for me to risk it.  ;)  Either way, shooting this event was a blast, and a challenge.  Think tons of people, lots of action--the fun part.  Then think low light, or next-to-nothing light--the challenging part.  Both ways, it was the highlight of my week.

The initial surprise



Tressey's husband Marc scored big-time with the surprise!




Some of us over-40 folks needed a lot of help...

Marc shared memories of and sentiments to his beloved wife


Then, like a first dance, Marc and Tressey took a skate around the rink a few times...


...which then inspired other couples to get back out onto the rink.



There was a cake--


and a speech--


--and lots of fellowship, games, and fun.


Happy birthday, Tressey!!




Capturing the moments of life.

Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Find me on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, it looks like such a fun time. And I think you did great with the pictures, low lighting and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a super fun and creative 40 party! I love it and I love the emotions you captured through your lens. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete