Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Weekly Header Challenge -- Macro

It's time for the Weekly Header Challenge!

"Headbanger" Participants
Imac 
Lew

I'm joining in the group above for this weekly challenge.
Click on the other participants' blogs to see
what they've come up with!

Theme ~ Macro

Chosen by Kathy.


I love this theme!  I have tons of macro images, so I'll stick with my most recent, with a couple of beginner shots thrown in .  Here's my header, uncropped, below.  The guys spotted this adventure playing out in my front porch garden, so of course I ran in and grabbed my camera and macro lens.  The spider went into hiding after a little bit, so I was there at that perfect time.


Back when my macro lens was new, I took this image:


Insects are fun to shoot close-up, and grasshoppers look so friendly, don't they?


Here are my most recent macro images.

Side view of Pixie Meadowbrite Coneflower.

Top view.

My woodland hydrangea blooms both blue and pink!



A macro lens can capture tiny flowers on the forest floor that you normally don't even see, like this toadshade below.


Coral bells, "marmalade" leaves.

I found some bright orange toadstools in the mulch of my garden walkways:


Another great macro subject is food.  Yum!

Chocolate Skillet Cake.

Ice cream with fresh whipped cream and homemade hot chocolate sauce.

Just before I donated my wedding dress to Goodwill, I took some pictures (I think I posted them here for you earlier this year).  Here's a macro image of my veil, and my final macro image to share today.


Happy week to you!


Treasuring life's moments,
Christine

Visit my website
Stop by my family blog
Like me on Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Our minds run in the same track. I have a spider, a damselfly, tiny mushrooms, and various flowers in my post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful selection of images. I especially like the clarity of your insect images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Christine, great show of Macro, love the wedding veil, and creatures and flowers and food and we very thing lol

    ReplyDelete